These 10 places are unsafe to live in Massachusetts
Are you looking for a place in Massachusetts to move in? Before you decide to move in or visit the places in Massachusetts, know about the cities in details. Do you want to live in a place which is not safe and where you need to be cautious about your property all the time? It is a well-known fact that every year FBI releases two types of crime datasets which includes a preliminary dataset (limited to biggest cities) and a detailed release at end of the year.
You must be wondering which are those places in Massachusetts you need to avoid to stay. Let’s have a quick look at the 10 places which are not safe at all.
- North Adams: This city has the largest art museum in the country. You must be thinking of how this city can be a dangerous one. It is the most dangerous city in terms of violent crimes and the third most in terms of property crimes.
- Boston: According to an earlier document, it is one of the poor cities in Massachusetts. It ranks 15th in violent crime and 14th in property crime.
- Pittsfield: This city is situated near Wyoming. Keep it in mind that whenever you need to pass through the city and need to stop nearby it, make it sure that your car’s doors are locked. It is the 5th dangerous city in violent crimes whereas it stands 6th in property crimes. It also has negative job growth which is not at all a good sign.
- New Bedford: It is situated on the south coast of Massachusetts. New Bedford is one of the largest cities in this area. It ranks 16th in violent crimes and 5th in property crimes. On the other hand, it is also true that this city has experienced a 5% drop in violent crime.
- Holyoke: It is the most dangerous city in Massachusetts. Actually, this city is situated near the Springfield Metro area (western Mass). Researches have shown that in 3 years (from 2015-2017) this city has experienced a 10% rise in property crime and on the other hand 4% rise in violent crime. In terms of violent crimes, it is the second most dangerous city and in terms of property crimes, it occupies the first place.
- West Springfield: It is situated on the western side of the famous river Connecticut River. It ranks 19th in violent crimes and 2nd in property crimes. It is the truth that this is the least crime zoned area in this list of dangerous cities.
- Brockton: This city is situated on the eastern part of the state. It is the 4th dangerous city in terms of violent crime and 17th in terms of property crime. It can be said that Brockton is in the same position in property crime and violent crime whereas Chelsea has gone through a drop in violent crime.
- Worcester: Worcester is known as the most dangerous city in the state. It is the second biggest city in New England and Massachusetts. Worcester, “the heart of the commonwealth” ranks 11th and 12th respectively in violent crime and property crime.
- Chicopee: It is the city which ranks 24th in violent crime and 8th in property crime.
- Springfield: If you walk down eight miles south Holyoke, you can find this “crime-prone city”. This city is famous for producing handguns throughout the world. It has ranked sixth in terms of violent crimes and also ranked fourth in terms of property crimes. Although Springfield faces less violence than other cities.
Now, after reading this blog, it is clear to you that residing in these cities are at not safe. However, you can visit these cities in Massachusetts but it is recommended not to stay here for the security purpose. In case you are in need any legal help you can always consult MA criminal defense lawyer.